From art school to 萌え.
Stevan Little wrote Moose, the object system for Perl 5, and he is now writing Moe, a prototype of an Ultra Modern Perl 5, but how did he get there from Art school? (24:32 min)
Download: mp3 (23Mb)
- Stevan Little on Github. He works at Infinity Interactive.
- He is the author of Moose, the postmodern object system of Perl 5.
- Moe, an -OFun prototype of an Ultra Modern Perl 5. (Written in Scala.)
- Moe contributor Prakash Kailasa known as "sahadev" on IRC was mentioned. He is using the 99 Scala Problems for example driven development of Moe.
- Perl 6
- Audrey Tang and the mostly defunct Pugs project.
- Class::MOP the Meta Object Protocol Moose sits on top of.
- Gaal Yahas and Yuval Kogman (nothingmuch), who came up with the name Moose.
- Dave Rolsky (autarch) who rewrote the manual of Moose. (See the interview with Dave Rolsky) Other names mentioned: Matt Trout, Marcus Ramberg, Chris Prather (perigrin), Jesse Luehrs (doy), Karen Etheridge (ether)
Moose training at YAPC::NA 2013