Supporting Perl Creators via Patreon, GitHub, and more
Creating open source code, documentation, books, videos is a lot of fun, but the creators still need to put food on the table. Some have full time jobs and do the public creation in their free time, others use time that otherwise would be sold as consulting hours.
In either case people appreciate when they have financial supporters.
This is the list of all the Perl-related authors and creators who are open to receive financial support for their contributions to the Perl Ecosystem.
Decide on some monthly budget you are willing to allocate to improve the Perl world (e.g. 10-20-30 USD/month) and the decide how do you split it up among the recipients.
- Will 'the Chill' Braswell creator of RPerl and the Perl 11 cooperative.
- Mohammad S Anwar, creator of The Weekly Challenge, creator of the Live Coding videos on YouTube, editor of the Perl Weekly newsletter
- Chad 'Exodist' Granum who maintains several perl modules such as Test-Simple, Test2, or yath)
- Ferenc Erki who maintains and supports Rex and tons of other things.
- Jeffrey Kegler author of Marpa. See also the Marpa web site
- brian d foy author of many Perl books including the Effective Perl and many Perl modules.
- Gabor Szabo, author of the Perl Maven site, author of the Code Maven site, chief editor of the Perl Weekly newsletter, small-time YouTuber. Yours truly.
What is Patreon?
Patreon is a service where you can give a monthly donation to your favorite creator. Donations can be as low as $1 / month.
What is GitHub Sponsors?
GitHub Sponsors is a way that allows you to support Open Source developers. (It isn't available in every country yet.)
Published on 2020-09-27