Perl tutorials and courses
- Perl Tutorial just a plain Perl tutorial. Nothing fancy.
- Beginner Perl Maven video course slidecast of the training material.
- Advanced Perl Maven video course mixed slidecasts, screencasts and plain articles.
- Test Automation using Perl for people who really want to sleep well.
Modern Perl Web Frameworks
- Mojolicious light-weight web framework with rainbows and unicorns.
- Perl Dancer light-weight web framework to rock.
- Catalyst The MVC web framework of Perl.
- PSGI/Plack, the low-level superglue between Perl web application frameworks and web servers.
- CGI, the Common Gateway Interface, for old-school web applications.
Object Oriented Perl
- OOP, the classic way to write Object Oriented Perl code.
- Moo, the Minimalist Object Oriented system for Perl.
- Moose, the 'post modern' Object Oriented system for Perl.
- Perl and MongoDB, the NoSQL database used in Perl programs.
- AnyEvent, asynchronous programming.
- Net::Server the framework to build TCP/IP servers.
- MetaCPAN - articles for CPAN users, CPAN authors, client developers, and MetaCPAN developers.
- Perl Maven TV Show is a collection of interviews with Perl developers.
- SVG - Scalable Vector Graphics
Projects and Collections
- The search.cpan.org cloning project - Implementing a CPAN search engine using Plack/PSGI with MetaCPAN back-end.
- Command line phonebook with MongoDB and Moo
- Indexing e-mails in an mbox
- Counter Examples Various solution on the simple task of building a counter.
- Becoming a co-maintainer of a CPAN module - refactoring a CPAN module
- Perl::Critic lint-like static analyzer for Perl.
- Implementing a Markua Parser in Perl 5
- Angular JS
- Flask, the Python microframework.
- Groovy, the programming language used for Jenkins pipelines.
- Jenkins, the automation server used for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
We have a lot of data-structures that have a name, a date when each one was created and some payload. Once in a while we need to find and remove an element. Either by the name of the element or by picking the oldest one. How can we make this efficient given that we have a lot of these data-structures? (Some 10,000.)
In Using the Open Weather Map API with curl we saw how to fetch the weather using curl. Now we are going to use Perl as that will make it easier to use this as part of a larger application. Before you read this article, make sure you read the one using curl.
At one point I set up a Wordpress server to allow my sister to edit her own web site about Yiddish and Yoga. I thought I'll use it as a way to force myself learn the ins and outs of Wordpress and Wordpress hosting.
My sister learned how to use Wordpress and even managed to create her own pages, but after 4 years of neglecting to upgrade the server I finally made the decision to convert the site to a bunch of static pages.