Perl tutorials and courses
- Perl Tutorial just a plain Perl tutorial. Nothing fancy.
- Beginner Perl Maven video course slidecast of the training material.
- Advanced Perl Maven video course mixed slidecasts, screencasts and plain articles.
- Test Automation using Perl for people who really want to sleep well.
Modern Perl Web Frameworks
- Mojolicious light-weight web framework with rainbows and unicorns.
- Perl Dancer light-weight web framework to rock.
- Catalyst The MVC web framework of Perl.
- PSGI/Plack, the low-level superglue between Perl web application frameworks and web servers.
- CGI, the Common Gateway Interface, for old-school web applications.
Object Oriented Perl
- OOP, the classic way to write Object Oriented Perl code.
- Moo, the Minimalist Object Oriented system for Perl.
- Moose, the 'post modern' Object Oriented system for Perl.
- Perl and MongoDB, the NoSQL database used in Perl programs.
- AnyEvent, asynchronous programming.
- Net::Server the framework to build TCP/IP servers.
- MetaCPAN - articles for CPAN users, CPAN authors, client developers, and MetaCPAN developers.
- Perl Maven TV Show is a collection of interviews with Perl developers.
- SVG - Scalable Vector Graphics
Projects and Collections
- The search.cpan.org cloning project - Implementing a CPAN search engine using Plack/PSGI with MetaCPAN back-end.
- Command line phonebook with MongoDB and Moo
- Indexing e-mails in an mbox
- Counter Examples Various solution on the simple task of building a counter.
- Becoming a co-maintainer of a CPAN module - refactoring a CPAN module
- Perl::Critic lint-like static analyzer for Perl.
- Implementing a Markua Parser in Perl 5
- Angular JS
- Flask, the Python microframework.
- Groovy, the programming language used for Jenkins pipelines.
- Jenkins, the automation server used for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
The INI file format is a simple file format that allows 2-level configuration options. It was extensively used in MS DOS and MS Windows, and it can be used in lots of places as it is very simple.
[openweathermap] api = asdahkaky131 [aws] api_key = myaws7980 api_code = qkhdkadyday [digital_ocean] api = seaworld
This format consists of section names (in square brackets) and in each section key-value pairs separated by and = sign and padded by spaces.
A simple case of developing and then running a Dancer (1) based application.
I have a new computer with Ubuntu 18.10 on it. It comes with perl 5.26, but I wanted to brew my own perl.