Perl tutorials and courses
- Perl Tutorial just a plain Perl tutorial. Nothing fancy.
- Beginner Perl Maven video course slidecast of the training material.
- Advanced Perl Maven video course mixed slidecasts, screencasts and plain articles.
- Test Automation using Perl for people who really want to sleep well.
Modern Perl Web Frameworks
- Mojolicious light-weight web framework with rainbows and unicorns.
- Perl Dancer light-weight web framework to rock.
- Catalyst The MVC web framework of Perl.
- PSGI/Plack, the low-level superglue between Perl web application frameworks and web servers.
- CGI, the Common Gateway Interface, for old-school web applications.
Object Oriented Perl
- OOP, the classic way to write Object Oriented Perl code.
- Moo, the Minimalist Object Oriented system for Perl.
- Moose, the 'post modern' Object Oriented system for Perl.
- Perl and MongoDB, the NoSQL database used in Perl programs.
- AnyEvent, asynchronous programming.
- Net::Server the framework to build TCP/IP servers.
- MetaCPAN - articles for CPAN users, CPAN authors, client developers, and MetaCPAN developers.
- Perl Maven TV Show is a collection of interviews with Perl developers.
- SVG - Scalable Vector Graphics
Projects and Collections
- The search.cpan.org cloning project - Implementing a CPAN search engine using Plack/PSGI with MetaCPAN back-end.
- Command line phonebook with MongoDB and Moo
- Indexing e-mails in an mbox
- Counter Examples Various solution on the simple task of building a counter.
- Becoming a co-maintainer of a CPAN module - refactoring a CPAN module
- Perl::Critic lint-like static analyzer for Perl.
- Implementing a Markua Parser in Perl 5
- Angular JS
- Flask, the Python microframework.
- Groovy, the programming language used for Jenkins pipelines.
- Jenkins, the automation server used for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
I recommend always turning warnings on from the beginning of each Perl file.
However sometime we might want to avoid some warnings. We can selectively turn off warnings inside lexical scopes, that is, till the end of the current pair of curly braces.
While Perl developers who upload their code to CPAN will greatly benefit from the volunteers behind CPAN Testers setting up a CI system has a number of benefits even for CPAN developers.
In a project creating a Ladino dictionary in which I have a few thousands of YAML files. They used to include lists of values, but a while ago I split them up into individual entries. I did this because the people who are editing them are not used to YAML files and it makes it a lot easier to explain them what to do.
However the previous change left me with 1-item lists in each file. I wanted to clean that up.