5: Stevan Little, author of Moose and Moe
From art school to 萌え.
Stevan Little wrote Moose, the object system for Perl 5, and he is now writing Moe, a prototype of an Ultra Modern Perl 5, but how did he get there from Art school? (24:32 min)
Download: mp3 (22 Mb) 24:32 mins
- Stevan Little on Github. He works at Infinity Interactive.
- He is the author of Moose, the postmodern object system of Perl 5.
- Moe, an -OFun prototype of an Ultra Modern Perl 5. (Written in Scala.)
- Moe contributor Prakash Kailasa known as "sahadev" on IRC was mentioned. He is using the 99 Scala Problems for example driven development of Moe.
- Perl 6
- Audrey Tang and the mostly defunct Pugs project (was pugscode.org).
- Class::MOP the Meta Object Protocol Moose sits on top of.
- Gaal Yahas and Yuval Kogman (nothingmuch), who came up with the name Moose.
- Dave Rolsky (autarch) who rewrote the manual of Moose. (See the interview with Dave Rolsky) Other names mentioned: Matt Trout, Marcus Ramberg, Chris Prather (perigrin), Jesse Luehrs (doy), Karen Etheridge (ether)
Moose training at YAPC::NA 2013
CommentsIn the comments, please wrap your code snippets within <pre> </pre> tags and use spaces for indentation. comments powered by Disqus
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them on the source of this page in GitHub. Source on GitHub.